The 6 main skills that students will develop are:
- Working with Others
- Improving own Learning and Performance
- Problem Solving
- Oral Presentation
The aims of this qualification are to help students develop and demonstrate a range of skills and to gain credit for a variety of activities that they already undertake inside and outside formal education.
The qualification is 100% portfolio based and teacher assessed and carries performance points comparable to a GCSE. Level 2 is equivalent to a grade B and Level 1 is equivalent to a grade E.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- Someone who is highly motivated
- Someone who will work well with others
- Someone who will take risks for learning
- Someone who will confidently express opinions orally and in writing
- Someone who enjoys ongoing assessment instead of examinations
CAREERS EDUCATION, INFORMATION, ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
This subject lends itself to careers in all working environments where people will be asked to work together as part of a team, research independently, follow instructions, manage their own learning and be prepared to undertake a wide range of tasks.