Life and Work
The subject content is divided into three distinct compulsory areas of study:
- Local and Global Citizenship
- Personal Development
- There is a single tier of entry
- There are three written examinations that assess each of the areas of study
- There is one controlled assessment task
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
A student who
- is highly motivated
- works well with others
- engages in research tasks
- demonstrates persistence to complete tasks
- confidently expresses opinions orally and in writing
CAREERS EDUCATION, INFORMATION, ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
Learning for Life and Work will prepare young people to participate in society as active citizens.
It is recognised as an academic qualification suitable access to post 16 studies.
This subject gives a grounding in a range of areas connected with public life and service in the local and global community.