Blackwater Integrated College
Essential Skills Application of Number
Purpose of the qualification
The aim of this qualification is to improve the learners’ ability to understand, use, calculate and manipulate mathematical information and interpret results.
- Measures, shape and space
- Handling data
- Representing information
- Carrying out calculations
- Interpreting results and presenting findings
- Students complete Level 1 or Level 2 Essential Skills.
- There is one externally set and externally marked examination.
- This examination lasts for 1 hour and 30 mins
- Calculators are allowed.
- Pass Mark is between 60% and 70 %
- Assessment outcome is: PASS or FAIL
- It can be repeated 3 times in year 12.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- have found Mathematics challenging at Key Stage 3
- wish to follow a more vocational route
CAREERS EDUCATION, INFORMATION, ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
The OCN NI Level 2 Certificate in Essentials Skills Application of Number enables progression to other recognised qualifications at Level 2 and above. This qualification will assist a learner to gain entry onto vocational courses at SERC.