Personal Development and Employability (PDE)
The Achieve programme offers a varied curriculum which covers different topics across five activity areas. Students will follow an active learning programme during which they build up a portfolio of evidence and submit completed units for assessment in Personal Development and Employability (PDE). As part of the programme, you will explore the following:
- Personal and social development: By working in small groups, you’ll be able to meet new people and make new friends
- Life skills: Through fun and interactive sessions, you’ll learn how to manage money, be healthy and stay safe
- Active citizenship: You’ll work as part of a team to make a difference to your local community
- Enterprise project: This is a Dragons’ Den style challenge. Ready to put your entrepreneurial skills to the test?
- Preparation for work: Create a tip-top CV, practise for future interviews and explore your skills and talents
Portfolio based. Units completed and assessed throughout the course.
A Prince’s Trust Certificate in PDE at Level 1 is equivalent to 3 GCSEs at grade F.
A Prince’s Trust Certificate in PDE at Level 2 is equivalent to 2 GCSEs at A*-C
Students who do not complete sufficient units may gain a Prince’s Trust Award in PDE and credit for all units they have completed.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
A student who
- may struggle to achieve 5 A*-C GCSE grades
- will thrive in a less formal learning environment
- prefers ongoing assessment to formal written exams
- enjoys practical activities and will be involved in their learning experience
- will work well with others
- can keep evidence, and is able to organise and compile it into a portfolio
- can meet deadlines
CAREERS EDUCATION, INFORMATION, ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
This course offers a practical approach to help students fulfill their potential. Students develop transferable skills while boosting confidence and motivation. They are prepared for their career with a CV, self-confidence, and the ability to present and promote themselves and products, and they know how to stay motivated working independently and as a team player. These are valued skills and qualities in the workplace.